Happy Rockin’ New Year to all you rockers, goths, moshers, punks, metalheads, and awesome people out there!! Hope you’re not too hungover!
I must admit for a while there I was reeling a bit from the news of Lemmy’s passing. It felt unreal that the big guy was gone, he’s one of my heroes. Then I snapped out of it and figured Lemmy wouldn’t want me to continue like this, and crying into my cider about it every night just wasn’t on. Despite the fact that there’s a big old hole in the heart of rock right now, Lemmy would want me to keep on rockin’ my heart out, keep playing the music loud, and make the best of it, and I plan on honoring his memory in doing just that.
So, I am so excited to get this year started! 2015 was an incredible year for music and gigs and I’m pretty sure this one is going to be just as mind-blowing and eventful.
Happy Birthday to:
- Brody Dalle, The Distillers 1st January 1979
- Doug Robb, Hoobastank 2nd January 1975
- Wil Francis, Aiden 8th January 1982
- Rob Zombie12th January 1965
- Marko Hietala, Nightwish January 14th 1966
- Dave Grohl, Foo Fighters 14th January 1969
- Tairrie B, My Ruin 18th January 1965
- Jonathan Davis, Korn 18th January 1971
- Rob Bourdon, Linkin Park 20th January 1979
- Chris Hesse, Hoobastank 26th January 1974
- Amorphis. I am SO glad they were guests at Nightwish’s concert last December because I might not have discovered them otherwise! But I feel blessed that I continue to be excited and inspired by the new music I discover, it makes life into such an adventure!
Gigs I’m going to this month:
- Aiden at the Underworld, Camden, London on 31st January. I am beyond excited! It will be a bittersweet event because this is their farewell tour, but it’s a beautiful kind of pain, and I’m happy to be a part of it all.
The God Of Rock has answered my prayers before, so I’m composing an Official Wishlist for this year. I would like:
- A My Chemical Romance reunion. I want to be in the same room as Gerard, Mikey, Frank, and Ray at the same time, just this once.
- The Hives to go on tour!! C’mon boys!
- Apocalyptica to come back to the UK because I didn’t have the chance to get a ticket last year!
- To see Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, and Metallica live, and for them to do their own tours and not just festivals.
- New Hoobastank and the Rasmus albums PLEASE
- Cradle of Filth to add another tour date closer to home because Chester is so far away! Yes, I know I saw them last year, but I miss them already.
- Oh, and could this be the year that I meet Ozzy, please?
Happy Rockin’ New Year Everyone!
Lemmy, this one’s for you.